I'm trying to develop a plan that pushes me to be more aggressive in attaining my goals. And in order to do this I need to develop some habits that push myself and some way of measuring my success. So this week I have been hashing out some, daily, weekly and monthly goals that I should always accomplish. These goals are not easy, and are not something that I even think I will be able to accomplish everyday/week/month/etc but they are something to strive for and represent a goal that will produce a better version of myself. Specifically, what I lack is discipline and these tasks and goals will help me better develop the mental and physical discipline I need in order to complete my larger goals.
I'm also trying to learn from my previous mistakes. In all previous attempts, I usually did not hold myself accountable and did not remind myself of them often enough. I'm hoping to change this by having email reminders everyday of the goals and tasks I need to accomplish. I'm trying to build in safeguards that remind me of what to do. Kind of like having a virtual boss. The goal for this is to find a way to better manage myself and develop a better model of how I work.
Here's a list of my weekly, monthly and daily goals.
- Talk to Holley for at least 30 min.
- Draw one graphic per day for documentation
- Write a blog post
- Write 50 lines of source code or draw one page of schematics
- Write one page of research oriented documentation
- Drink at least one beer
- Create a new test for on of my projects
- Get others to do something for me
- Only be absent from class one time
- Talk to at least one technology company
- Do something fun... and blog about it.
- Keep finances up to date.
- Learn a new library or computer language.