- Download the Source : apt-get source package
- Update the changelog: dch -i
- Make modifications to the code and debian directory.
- Build the deb: debuild -S -us -uc #us and uc disable signing the package. -S builds both source and binary packages
- Take a debdiff: debdiff package-oldver.dsc package-newver.dsc > package-newver.debdiff
A blog of interesting technical advances.
February 10, 2010
I'm a Ubuntu Contributor
I fixed my first Ubuntu Bug today. It was an interesting experience and the #ubuntu-motu team really helped me out. A special thanks goes out to Daniel Chen for uploading my new package. The process was a bit involved and I came out with a lot more knowledge than I had anticipated. The process went a bit like this.
at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- June 2013 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- May 2011 (2)
- September 2010 (1)
- April 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (4)
- January 2010 (5)
Post a Comment